Your knowledge and consent are required before we collect information about you. Your consent is deemed to have been provided when you click on an appropriate box, tab or other link; enter information in a form; or use an electronic signature to complete an agreement, acknowledgment or instruction. The electronic record thereof will be considered conclusive evidence that you accepted, declined or otherwise acknowledged such matter. We may not be able to provide Services to you should you decline to submit information to us or through our Site.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us via our website (www.ecfvx.ca) or email us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We offer Services that require you to register for an account and provide some personal and business information to us. In order to provide our Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Personal Information – When you sign up for an account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, address, phone number, email address, and account username and password). We also request that our customers provide credit card or other payment account information, which is encrypted and securely maintained. We may store personal information in locations outside the director control of the Company (for instance, on servers or in databases located with hosting providers). We may share your personal information with business partners who assist us by performing services such as ID verification or data storage as well as security related to our operation of the Site. We may be required to disclose personal information by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (i) conform to the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities; (b) to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Company, our users or others. Your personal information will not be sold to third-party firms.
- Business information – We may collect business information that may be used by us in an anonymous aggregate format. This information will not be used with an identification of individual users or individual businesses. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers and other current and potential business partners. Transparency of user and business data related to an identifiable business is restricted to recipient users who have been specifically authorized to view such information by the originating and authorizing user.
- Information security –We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These security measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information by Company employees and third party service providers who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or our Site and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee the security of account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. There is no guarantee such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your account information and password, and for controlling access to your email communications from us.
- User communications – Email or other communication sent to the Company may be retained in order to process your inquiries, to respond to your requests, and to improve our services.
- Cookies – When you visit our Site, we may send one or more session or persistent cookies – small data files – to your computer to uniquely identify your browser. This enables us to enhance your navigation through our Site. A cookie does not collect personal information about you. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log-In File – Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you view or sign-up with the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear Gifs – When you visit our Site, we may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information from your online account is collected using these clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing and make the Services better for our users.
- Merger, Acquisition or Sale – In the event that the Company goes through a business merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, personal and business information may be among the assets transferred. The Company will provide notification on its website for a minimum of 30 days if any such change in ownership takes place.
- Business merger or acquisition – In the event that the Company goes through a business merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, personal and business information may be among the assets transferred. The Company will provide notification on its website for a minimum of 30 days if any such change in ownership takes place.
The Company will regularly review its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or the Company’s use of information by contacting us via our website. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is the Company’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of data that cannot be resolved between the Company and an individual.
Changes to this Policy